Monday, March 25, 2013

Seventeen! Addendum

As I mentioned in my post earlier, today is chili making day and lately my brain has been on vaca. 

Perfect example occurred this morning...I spent a while chopping up green chilis, jalapenos, garlic, onions, corn..browning the meat...straining some tomatoes...throwing in a ton of spices - cayenne pepper, chili powder, white pepper, red pepper flakes...the usual. (and voila! now you have my chili recipe!) I keep thinking to myself how delic this smells already. I turn the crock pot on high and begin the tossing together of the ingredients into the pot. 

I do some dishes - give the chili a good stir - and leave the kitchen to work on grad school crap and I realize that I cannot smell the deliciousness of my chili in the living room, so I pop back into the kitchen and give it another stir. 

20 mins later - get up to stir again. Is it just me or is it near impossible to just leave a crock pot alone?? Granted I am aware of its function and that is the beauty of a crock pot to not have to tend to it every 20 mins but I can never resist. 

I walk into the kitchen..tripping over fat-bags Reebok on my way in - and the delic chili scent is completely gone! I give it another good stir and go to sample a bit and it is ice cold. 

Genius - next time it probs would help to PLUG IN the crock pot. Simply turning it on high does not do the trick. 

Brain - I miss you but I'll deal with you being MIA for the next few months as long as Erin agrees that we can order out every night because my cooking skills seemed to of left with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment